Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 22 - Hand Bike and the Blues

So I have had some really great workouts this week, but I'm pretty depressed.  On Monday, I felt so great.  I did 25 minutes of core and floor legs.  Then I set out to do 20 min on the recumbent bike.  I kept it at a low resistance of 3 (I think that's low!!!  I'm trying SOOOO hard to follow directions!)  After 20 minutes, my tunes were so kickin', that I thought I'd shoot for 10 miles instead of watching the time.  I kept my RPM at 100 the whole time, and I was consciously trying to put most of the pressure on my right foot.  I must've been favoring the outer part of my left foot, however, because by that evening I was in a lot of pain.  Woke on Tuesday to the same pain.  I decided to swim on Tuesday and that felt amazing, but the foot was still sore.  ARGH!!!  GETTING SO FRUSTRATED!!

I have to say, it's really hard to stay positive when my foot hurts each and every day.  I have been keeping my shoes on all day everyday, but I do a lot of standing and walking.  I hope that's okay, because that is my life.  There is very little sitting down and I don't know how to change that, unless I hire a nanny and live in house keeper!!

Side note:  I am obsessed with all things "Real Housewives of..." on Bravo.  They just started a new crew of ninnies from Miami.  These women are so beautiful and perfect, and some have had more than 2 kids!!!  If I had nannies for each child, plus a personal chef, then I'd have no excuse not be in tip top shape!  Although the show is so silly, I'm still totally obsessed with it.  Just love all of those crazy broads for some reason. 

So even though my last 2 workouts were really great, I did not start off my week very well.  I know it's because of the foot.  It's getting hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel...

I woke up this morning and thought, here we go... each day is a fresh start.  I did an awesome biceps and triceps circuit (3 times through), then abs and 10 minutes on the hand bike.  That thing is harder than it looks!!!  I had to make myself stay on for 10 minutes and at the end, my arms were burning.  I had, however, just lifted pretty heavy, so I'd like to try it BEFORE my lifting next time just to see how it feels.  I actually got a teeny little sweat out of it, but the readout said I only burned 20 calories.  I guess that's my coffee creamer.  Woo-hoo!!!  I'm going to be skinny now!!!  haha

Okay - send me some positive thoughts.  I'm heading to my orthopedic doctor this afternoon and we'll see what he says.  I hope he says that this is all normal and that it's just a long and slow progression and that I just have to be patient.  PLEASE pray that no surgery will be required...

Man, this was a bummer post!  Gotta go hug my little guy and get some happiness vibin' through my bod.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment