Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day ??? - Who's Counting?

Okay, so I'm changing a few things with my blog.  For starters, I'm abandoning my original countdown.

When I started my blog, I had this hair brained "goal date" of when I would be returning to my normal activities.  I've come to realize that you can't set a date for your body to realize (DUH!).  My brain is FAR more ready to resume my normal fitness levels than my body is.  And guess what?  That's OKAY.  So now, no more counting down the days until I can return.  Instead, I will be taking things one day at a time.
Will I gain weight during my recovery?  Yes, probably.  And I already have.  But that's okay.  Right now I am focused on staying healthy and getting recooperated.  There are SO many more important things to worry about and I don't want to spend anymore time worrying about myself. 

I'm giving myself permission to rest on all fronts.  I will continue to exercise carefully.  That means, I probably won't be doing any major calorie-burning sessions at the gym any time soon, but I will continue to stay active and keep my habit of working out.

My shoulder is still bothering me and it's been 10 days since I swam (oh, but who's counting, right!?!?), but I have still been going to the gym. Yesterday I even climbed aboard the recumbent bike for FIVE WHOLE MINUTES.  Hey, it's a start and I'm really trying to follow the doctor's orders.  Really.  Like, for serious.

When you're injured, it's very easy to fall into some sort of a depressed state.  Today is a new day.  Today I will rest, I will enjoy my family and I will look forward to going to the gym tomorrow for another light, but effective, workout.  Side note:  I joke about only being able to do leg lifts at the gym. You know, the inner/outer thigh 80's style workout?  But MAN those suckers are HARD!  Move over thighmaster!!  Now get down on the floor and lift your leg 100 times!  Go on, try it! 

The next thing to look forward to is my doctor appointment in early April.  I'm determined to have a better appointment than this month's. 

It's time to start honing in on my willpower.  It's time to stop eating as though I'm burning 800 extra calories a day.  I CAN do this but I know it takes more than that.  You really have to WANT something in order to make the change and I WANT it.  Like, for serious.

And you, dear reader, what do YOU want?  Don't just say you're doing to do something.  Come on!  JUST DO IT (thanks to Nike for the most incredible catch phrase ever).

1 comment:

  1. What a beautifully refreshing attitude! Good for you! Sending prayers for a full recovery, in due time...

    ReplyDelete